Fruit Juice

This morning's juice consisted of:

Two fuji apples, 1 cup of blueberries (stuffed in the yellow pepper), the yellow pepper, one beet and two red collard green leafs. This by itself is very good!  I'd recommend it to anyone.
After making the juice, the vitamix came into play, as I wanted to mix in the nutritional yeast without any clumps... I usually keep all of my ingredients in the fridge, as I like a cold drink... if ever something isn't cold, simply adding ice does the trick.
Upon mixing in the nutritional yeast, I drank about 15 ounces and reserved the remaining 10 or so ounces for later today. I was asked "how I do it." I've read a few times over the years that it is better (health wise) ton eat 4 to 6 small meals a day then 2 or 3 large ones.  With that in mind, consuming my calories rationed throughout the day makes it so I don't overeat and I feel full and satisfied. They say it takes 20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain you are "full." Implementing that knowledge into my life and a touch of discipline makes it simple. I drink (or eat) about 4 to 8 ounces and then I wait. No sense of eating for 20 minutes, just so my stomach will "talk" to my brain. Sixty percent of the time when we feel "hungry" we are actually thirsty. I keep that in mind too. When I feel hungry, water comes first and then food.

After seeing a post about a "mono" juice on my friend's website. I took another look at my "juices" that I've been making that get the nutritional yeast added in them. For the past week the juices have been vegetable based, as they have lower calories than "fruit" based ones. Since the VLCD is still very much an element of my diet this week (and next), making sure to consume essential nutrients, vitamins, amino acids all while doing so with minimal caloric intake, I was avoiding most fruit. Now I've brought fruit back into the mix... and I'm loving it just as much as before.  Variety in the juices I consume has been huge. It has been 67 days since I've started juicing and have probably juiced 98% of everything I've consumed since early January, 2013. I love it and am not missing or craving anything.  I have memories of regular "food" but not overwhelming cravings.  On the contrary, when I do take something like take a bite of a fry from In n' Out from my wife's meal or lick a spoon off (out of habit) after making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (even though the jelly is all natural) the intensity is more than I am used to and I

Testing this new concept:

A grapefruit juice that just consisted of two full grapefruits and a heaping tablespoon of TwinLab's Nutritional Yeast. A 7 out of 10!

A cantaloupe juice following my friend's advice to leave the rhind on was also good.  "Juicing the entire fruit gives you 100% of the food value. The green skin contains chlorophyll (which cleanses your system). Chlorophyll is also found in foods like kelp, spinach, kale, and other green foods. -MakeitVegan" Once again, just the fruit and a scoop of the nutritional yeast. Great! Probably an 8 or 9 out of 10.

I placed both drinks in the fridge to get them cold after tasting them.  You could pour them over ice as well. I had no desire to drink that many ounces right away, but to have them on the ready as part of my 'meal plan' for the day.

Since I did two Max Insanity workouts yesterday, I used the grapefruit juice as my recovery drink after the second workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment