Updated Photo!

Updated photos... with the new weight loss and finally getting below 200 pounds, here is a look at the last 65 days! I'm down 54.7 pounds thus far! With basically 30 pounds to go to reach my goal weight of 166, I'm thrilled at the progress!


I have been working out like crazy! Having done over three hours of cardio and ab workouts yesterday has, as MyFitnessPal says; "earned" me more calories. I don't want to "earn" calories as of yet... I want to shed them!
The text at the bottom of the image says "If every day were like today you'd weigh 158.9 lbs in 5 weeks"
I would LOVE to be at 166 by April 8th. That may not happen, but I will be close.  The final contest needs to be weighed out on April 21st, maybe the 19th. Either way, I am hoping to be at 166 by that day. April 8th is the deadline for the first contest. Eating well, doing these Insanity and P90X workouts and implementing little tidbits that I've picked up to help me minimize the quantity that I consume and eat per meal is really paying off!

I am taking two servings of nutritional yeast each day to ensure I'm getting the essential nutrients and I am still consuming my juice. Only for two, maybe three weeks will my caloric intake be between 400 and 800. I'm doing this, with the nutritional yeast and the workouts to ensure weight loss, but also keep the nutrient levels up, so my body isn't lacking.

The previous winners of the second weight loss contest that I am in lost about 34% of their body weight. That contest pays out $5,000 to first place. My intention is to WIN that one... and then tone up and add muscle and a few pounds of weight. However, I am listening to my body and will not ignore warning signs. I am "winning" by losing as much as I have lost. Win or lose the five grand, I'll be healthier and happier at the new weight. One thing is, I know that my body needs more than just low calories. A body needs nutrients. A bowl of cabbage soup each day would be low calories, but would not provide the nutrients to sustain life. Which is why the nutritional yeast is being consumed with my juice.

After three weeks I'll continue eating (juicing and eating) as normal. I find it interesting that my stomach gets full a lot faster than ever before. Yesterday after drinking about 8 ounces of juice, I ate (yes, chewed) about half of my son's bean burrito (whole wheat tortilla and refried beans - he likes them pretty plain) and a few bites of the filling from the stuffed yellow pepper that I made the family for dinner, I felt like I was going to pop! This is good to learn now, as I want to avoid the "roller coaster" weight gain that is a potential after losing a lot of weight. I understand the need to avoid going back to the bad eating habits of the past. Slowing down. Smaller bites. Smaller portions. More, but smaller meals throughout the day will allow for feeling fuller and satisfied throughout the day, without tanking it on.

I look forward to a healthy, long and energetic life with my wife, kids, family and friends!

16 comments:

  1. WOW, your results are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! It is a battle worth fighting for!

      Delete
  2. Yay!!!! I am so thrilled for you and your amazing accomplishment! Your journey is such an inspiration for me! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I'm glad you can find some inspiration in my journey. This has been and will continue to be a journey. A lifestyle change that has truly given me a new life! Thanks for coming by my blog. I hope that it continues to be a source of inspiration to you as it is for me. Blogging and knowing that others are reading this helps me to stay focused. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. WOW!! You look amazing!! Congratulations on your accomplishment and continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great!! I need to have that determination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU ROCK! YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing transformation. What's your maintenace plan when you reach your desired weight?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your results are amazing! You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing results in short time
    Dov Shapira

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking Great! What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great. Continued success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, valuable info. Thanks for sharing this. ~Diana Marie from Dov's Group.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Great work! A picture says a thousand words for sure... can't deny those fab results, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are in inspiration to me. I started my quest in January and am down 25 lbs so far.

    kevin hardin

    ReplyDelete