I headed to Sprouts before the wife was up.


I needed fruits and vegetables for my meals today.

I looked into the Organic section while there this morning.  I feel I scored pretty nicely.  Most of the regular apples were $1.20 to $150+ a pound while the Organic Fujis were on sale for $.99 a pound.  That was a no brainer.  I grabbed several of those.  I'll probably head back and get some more, before the sale is off.

The fridge isn't entirely full of fruits and vegetables, like the one below, as I still need to make room for food for the rest of the family.

I'm committed to making some changes. Some BIG ones. I will be consuming a TON of fruits and vegetables over this journey. And as my mother-in-law pointed out last night, the cost of organic vegetables and fruits isn't really that expensive when you compare the cost (pound for pound) to that of meat or animal products. This took only a second to validate while I was shopping at Vons.  A pound of ground beef was $4.99 or $5.29 a pound, with the Vons card I believe they dropped it down to $2.99 or $2.49. Whatever the price was, I don't remember the last time I saw fruits and veggies for over $2.50 or 2.99 a pound.  The 6 ounce containers of blueberries and raspberries might compete, but I don't purchase them at that size.  I'm more likely to buy them in larger packages.

Since I am consuming so many fruits and veggies, I am also starting to look into where to buy them locally, in case the price is better.  Thus far, our local Sprouts has had great prices, due to their sales.  For now, their Organic section is winning out.

My wife wanted one of my juices this morning.  Good thing I was taught how to share. So, breakfast for one, turned into breakfast for two.  Which means I used up twice as much of what I purchased than what I had planned.  I'm not upset though, if she eats more fruits and vegetables by default, as I am already preparing them, so be it.  No harm there.

Speaking of sharing... the 2 pounds of strawberries that I bought this morning, are almost gone.  The little man and little girl have been wanting them all morning.  Which once again, is fine.  Having a healthy family all around is great!  I let the kids try my juice this morning.  The little man wasn't completely impressed.  While his sister didn't really care for "her juice" but wanted "Daddy's juice." Even though it was the same juice. I gave her my glass and then used her cup.  She then loved it and drank a bunch.

Well, it is about lunch time. I haven't touched the scales today. But I have been contacted by my "competitors" in one of the contests.  They want to form a team of 5, and attempt to win $10,000 in another contest! $2,000 each. Hmmmm... competitors turned into teammates. Interesting concept. No matter how you look at it, it will be additional support and with more people pulling for me, and me encouraging them, we all can lose a lot more!

P.S. If you want, feel free to "Follow" this blog.  I added the follow or member option on the right side.  Also, blogger has a "share" button for social media too at the top of this.  Any and all support is welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment