2 People. 2 Stages. 2 Juices

My wife says I can consume anything because sometimes I just drink it.  I tell her, "In thirty seconds it will be gone and I'll get all the nutrients and vitamins from it. Then, I just won't make it again."

My wife is eating well and juicing from time to time to help her get more nutrients and vitamins in her body. Much better than just eating breads, processed foods, noodles, etc... This way she is getting a bit of both.

She started with a bowl of European Hot Cereal (oatmeal with figs and raisins) from Sprouts and then made a juice for later in the day:

My wife's juice this morning:
4 Fuji Apples
1 Stalk of Celery
1 large handful of Spinach
Yield: about 24 ounces

My juice this morning:
1 head of Romaine Lettuce
2 Bok Choy heads
1 Yellow pepper
1/4 a Jalapeno (stuffed inside the yellow pepper)
1 small handful of Parsley (also stuffed inside the yellow pepper)
5 Carrots
4 Stalks of Celery
5 Roma Tomatoes (I wish I had more... but this was all I had on hand).
4 leaves (with stems) of Lacinato Kale
1/2 a Lime
Yield: 48 ounces

Stats From MyFitnessPal:
Calories: 775
Carbs: 164
Fat: 6
Protein; 51
Fiber: 58
Calcium: 233

Our taste buds change over time.  Who knows how my juice would have tasted to me 40 days ago, but today, I'd give it a 6, maybe a 7.  Had I had another 2 or 3 tomatoes, I would probably give it an 8 or more. Tomatoes are awesome! My next juice will be a sweeter one. It will consist of pears, fuji apples, kale and possibly blueberries.


Tip:
A nice sweet treat is a few pears juiced with blueberries and a handful of spinach or kale.  You can swap out the pears for really good and sweet apples, like fuji, gala or pink lady.  I'd avoid the green apples... but that is my opinion.

I know apples have "sugar" in them and so do the other fruits that I mentioned.  Just remember the "sugar" in them isn't refined, bleached or stripped of nutrients.  It is a different kind of sugar than what is found in soda, candy, processed foods, etc... this is natural and it forces your body to break it down and then it (your body) is rewarded with nutrients and vitamins that it will not find in white sugar.

This morning was my first workout since Saturday as I pulled my leg muscle some when I fell skating with my wife on the 13th.  I have been taking it easy, as I didn't want to make it worse. The workout this morning was pure cardio and cardio abs from Insanity. I fully intend on doing another workout this afternoon when the kids are down for a nap... and call me crazy, but probably one more this evening when they go to sleep.  Why?  Well tit is said that there are approximately 3,500 calories in a pound. My days gone by are catching up to my pounds lost.  And I didn't workout for a few days... so, it is time to push myself!  Time to make sure I'm BURNING calories throughout the day and make sure my pounds lost keep in line with my 84 pounds lost in 84 days goal.

My Progress: 41.8 Pounds in 38 Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment