Starvation Mode Possible?

Has anyone ever seen Disney Cars? The contests that I am in have around 40 to 50 days remaining. After weighing in this morning, I need to make sure I don't put myself in starvation mode.  I don't need my body to hoard calories.  I did two workouts in less than 24 hrs and it says I gained 2 lbs.  lol  Not really what I wanted to see. I feel like Lightening McQueen when he blew out his tires (when Chick Hicks and The King realize Lightening is vulnerable... all that progress looks to be lost). Let's just say I don't want "Chick Hicks" to win the Piston Cup. I'll fight on... keep working out, and in the end, I still plan on winning the weight loss contests that I entered.

On the bright side, I know that fewer calories IN than you have going OUT equals weight loss.  And I also know that plateaus can (and do) happen. With that said, I don't know how many calories not consumed "triggers" starvation mode or it if is different for each person.  Also, I don't know if it is based off of minimal calorie intake over a period of time. Most days MyFitnessPal says I am consuming between 1,300 and 2,000+ calories... depending on the 'juice' I make. With the daily Insanity workouts I am doing I should be losing daily as well.  I'm not terribly concerned.  I just want to make sure that all is well.  This is my first real day of seeing results other than I'd like.  So... it might all be fine.

So now... I'm looking online to make sure that I am consuming enough calories.

I'm headed to go find answers... if you have any insight, please feel free to leave comments below. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing the difference in your pictures on your previous post... nicely done! I'm also glad that you're doing your research so you'll stay healthy. Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete