More Apples! "It's all gone!"


This morning the little man was super excited to help!  "But, Daddy! Daddy! I want to help!" After sitting on the counter next to the juicer, I handed him each large item and he stuck it in the chute.  He loved watching the juice come flying out! He would then say; "It's all gone!" After we finished he excitedly yelled; "More APPLES Please!"


It called for
  • 4 cups spinach
  • 1 head romaine lettuce
  • 1 English cucumber
  • 1 celery stalk, about 10 sticks with leaves
  • 1 apple <-- I ADDED TWO Fuji Apples... if a recipe is ever to bitter, I add Fuji (or Pink Lady Apples) to sweeten it up.
  • 1 small knob of fresh ginger, about 1 inch section
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 5 drops of liquid stevia <-- I DID NOT ADD THIS.
When I enter this in MyFitnessPal I get the following:
Calories     Carbs Fat      Protein Fiber Iron
450                 97           3       13          35      52

The Protein mainly came from the head of romaine lettuce: 8 from there, 4 from the spinach and one from the apple.

Tip: Anytime (IMO) that a recipe is too tart, apples, red grapes and even most pears can add a nice sweet flavor to offset the bite a juice might have.
Second Tip: Pay attention to what has protein in it.  Before juicing I thought Spinach was the main vegetable that contained protein.  I have since learned that tomatoes and now, romaine lettuce both pack a powerful punch of protein too!

No comments:

Post a Comment